Director of Music & Worship
• A teachable spirit, desiring to grow as a person, as a leader, and as a follower of Jesus.
• A collaborative spirit, involving others in planning and decision-making.
• A basic understanding of the nature and operation of the church, which is informed by Scripture
and compatible with that of the senior pastor.
• Competent musical skills; leadership ability on piano and/or guitar, and voice.
• Experience organizing and leading worship team rehearsals.
• Experience being part of leading a congregation in worshipping well.
• A willingness to work as a team player, supporting and encouraging other musicians and staff.
• Lead the congregation in worship on Sunday mornings.
• Coordinate scheduling of musicians for worship services and lead structured and timely preworship rehearsals.
• Prepare and provide music to musicians in a timely manner.
• Meet at least monthly with the senior pastor to collaboratively plan worship services.
• Manage annual music budget, recommending any financial needs to the Board of Deacons.
• Give oversight and training to soundboard volunteers and PowerPoint volunteers.
• Create PowerPoint worship slides.
• Contact replacement musician in her/his absence.
• Report music usage to copyright agencies as needed and required by licensing agreements.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the lead pastor. **We can be flexible to meet any
Hoped for Practices:
• Actively engage in the life of the congregation beyond leading music on Sunday mornings.
• Keep informed of current music methods, materials, and trends, utilizing them as appropriate.
• Encourage participation in the worship team by those not currently involved.
• Model a life of worship.
Salary & Accountability:
• $6,500 annually. We are open to academic-year only availability; in which case salary will be
• The director of music & worship is accountable to the senior pastor.
About Faith Community:
Worship at Faith Community is designed to be an intentional and intergenerational space for
our community to connect with God and each other. Our goal in worship is to bring glory to
God, be spiritually formed as followers of Jesus, and be equipped in the power of the Holy
Spirit to live as God’s people in the world. Our worship services are rooted in the Scriptures and
God’s story of redemption through Jesus.
From classic piano-led hymns to modern band-led songs, and everything in between, Faith
Community appreciates a diversity of musical styles and instruments within a relaxed, semiliturgical framework which continues to evolve post-COVID in ways which seek to foster connection between our simultaneous on-site and online worshipping communities. Our worship is participatory, and we sing well as a congregation. Communion is celebrated at least monthly, and the liturgical seasons of the church calendar help provide meaningful structure to our worship throughout the course of the year.
Faith Community is a congregation of the Reformed Church in America and values the voices of
women and men at all levels of leadership. We are located in Stickney, Illinois; a near-west suburb of Chicago nearly equidistant between Midway Airport and the Brookfield Zoo.