The Pastor for Preaching and Vision is responsible for providing elder oversight for the preaching, vision, and general direction of FCBC. Oversight of this ministry includes leading by aligning the Church with the vision of the Elders of FCBC, feeding the body with the Scriptures, guarding the doctrine and practice of the ministries of FCBC, and guiding the Church by shepherding and discipling its members. The Pastor for Preaching and Vision will work closely with the Council of Elders, Staff Elders, and Staff Team.
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate
• An authentic relationship with Jesus and a desire to follow Him in every aspect of life.
• An agreement with the beliefs,1 purpose, vision, and core values of the church.
• An attitude of servant leadership and a relational aptitude that evidences a genuine love for people, flexibility, and an appreciation of differences.
• A shepherd’s heart.
• A humble, transparent, and teachable spirit that is responsive, open to constructive evaluation, and eager to learn.
• An ability to recruit, organize, develop and communicate with leaders and teams.
• A self-starting attitude that identifies, strategizes, and implements what needs to be done.
• An aptitude for addressing and resolving conflict.
• Elder Qualified (1 Tim. 3; Titus 2).
• Ability to submit to Elder consensus decision-making.
• Primarily gifted as a preacher-teacher; secondarily gifted as a leader.
Key Working Relationships
• Council of Elders
一 Reports directly to the full council of elders
• Staff Elders
一 Operates collegially with other staff elders in the day-to-day functioning of ministry. Provides leadership to other staff elders through mentoring them, equipping them, and aligning their ministry priorities with the implementation of the elder’s vision for FCBC.
● Staff Team
○ Functions within the broader staff team as a fellow laborer in the gospel. Supervises individual staff members as delegated by the council of elders.
Responsibilities for Pastor for Preaching and Vision
• Lead the preaching and teaching schedule at FCBC
一 Preach 36-40 Sundays per year
○ Set the tone for doctrinal distinctives of FCBC through preaching and teaching.
○ Model Christ centered, expository preaching and teaching that promotes and integrates with discipleship ministries of FCBC.
■ Design preaching and teaching cohorts to develop preachers and teachers.
■ Develop preachers to share Sunday Morning responsibility.
• Lead the implementation of the vision of the elders for FCBC through training the church doctrinally, leading the church by example, and developing qualified leaders.
一 The PPV will use his gifts of teaching and communication to strengthen the church’s biblical literacy, spiritual development, and health.
○ Share responsibility to facilitate membership classes to ensure that all members are aware of and committed to the doctrine and practice of FCBC.
• Lead the Staff Elders
一 Mentor Staff Elders towards growth in Christian maturity
○ Equip Staff Elders for more effective shepherding ministry
○ Align the priorities of the Staff Elders to cohere with the implementation of the vision of the elders of FCBC.
• Lead in developing Gospel-culture across a large church in Boise.
一 Model Gospel-culture for the body
○ Instruct the body as to how to apply the Gospel ministerially, relationally, and spiritually to its life and relationships.
○ Develop a welcoming environment where the lost are engaged, believers are safe to be sinners and saints, and Jesus is exalted.
Responsibilities for General Pastoral Ministry
• Conduct funerals, weddings, and general pastoral counseling as appropriate.
• Participate as an Elder in the council of Elders.
• Assist in administering the ordinances.
• Lead (or facilitate the leadership of) major Church Events (baptisms, Lord’s Supper services, All-Church Meeting, etc.)
Preferred General Pastoral Ministry
• Develop and disciple men through the existing Men’s Ministry Structures.
• Develop and disciple church-planters and missionaries.
Preferred Experience and Education
• 10 years of ministry experience.
• Evidence of consistent biblical maturity in leadership over time.
• Experienced in Leadership Development.
• Master’s of Divinity or higher.
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor for Preaching and Vision at Faith Community Bible Church?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor for Preaching and Vision at Faith Community Bible Church?
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Faith Community Bible Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected]