Position: This full-time position is designed to be part of a collaborative staff team, focusing on discipleship, leadership, and team building in various areas of the church’s ministries. This man will report directly to the Senior Pastor and the Elders. The position will provide numerous opportunities to assist the Senior Pastor in teaching, preaching, and leading with an emphasis on team building and pastoral support in the key areas listed below. Specifics will be determined through assessing gifts and skills of the pastoral team and discerning how the Holy Spirit will best utilize them to carry out the work of building the church by maturing and multiplying disciples of Jesus Christ.
Roles: Collaborate with the Senior Pastor in leadership of the following areas of ministry:
- Caring for those with needs in our congregation.
- Nurturing an intentional discipleship culture using our Blueprint for Discipleship.
- Providing administrative leadership and pastoral support to volunteer teams in the worship ministry.
- Shepherding new attenders to become fully connected members of our church family.
- Providing administrative leadership and pastoral support to a potential volunteer technology team to develop media platforms for discipleship and outreach.
- Building relational bridges into the community.
- Equipping ministry leaders and teachers.
Who We Are: Britt Free Church is in the town of Britt in North Central, Iowa. We are a church with over 150 members and average 200-250 individuals in our Sunday worship gatherings. Our ministry team comprises this position, a full time Senior Pastor, and a full time Director of Youth and Family Ministries. We have a team of volunteers within our worship ministry (musicians, tech support, etc.) that includes over twenty people, along with several others who are looking to create new and unique opportunities for ministry. We are seeking an individual who can help us gather and equip others to fulfill these needs.
Requirements: We are seeking a man who possesses an intimate, growing relationship with Jesus Christ and exhibits the biblical qualities of a pastor/elder described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4. He should be willing to seek credentialing as a pastor in the EFCA and hold at least a bachelor’s degree in biblical studies. Experience is not required but is preferred.