Job Classification: Full Time, Reports to Council of Elders (or Joint Board of Elders/Deacons)
Job Overview: The Lead Pastor of EACF will serve as preacher-teacher, shepherd, visionary, equipper, and administrator, overseeing with lay elders a congregation of about 100 adults. The Lead Pastor will preach and teach, oversee worship services and small groups, care for members and visitors, cast vision, equip volunteer leaders, and help manage the church. EACF shares Youth Ministry and Children’s Ministry with the Atlanta Chinese Christian Church (EACF is the English-speaking counterpart and has primary oversight of YM, while ACCC has oversight of Children’s Ministry).
Expectations (2 Peter 1:3-11, 1 Timothy 4:6-16, 2 Timothy 1:6-14):
- Solid, growing faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior, with demonstrated maturity in relationship with Christ through regular prayer, devotional Bible reading, personal worship.
- Continued ministerial development through personal study, and formal and informal learning, including participation in conferences, workshops, and networking.
- Maturity in relationships with others of all ages, as a godly example in speech, conduct, love, faith, and purity, demonstrating Christ’s heart for others inside/outside church, and maintaining openness and accountability to others, with no besetting or unaddressed sin issues, and a humble reliance on God’s grace.
- In agreement with the Church’s Statement of Faith and able to articulate the Gospel and to teach with clarity, conviction, and compassion.
Primary Responsibilities (with appropriate giftedness):
- Promote and implement vision for EACF members and visitors to experience God in a relevant and relational way, to engage heart, mind, body, and spirit, and to respond in service and mission.
- Lead, mentor, and work with other staff (Admin and Minister to Youth and Families) and elders, to direct the church in mission and in ministries.
- Collaborate with ACCC staff/elders as needed.
- Develop a dynamic team of volunteers through relationship-building, mentoring, recruitment, resourcing and training, and recognition.
- Plan and lead Sunday Worship Services and other programs, such as discipleship efforts, retreats, interchurch events/retreats, and more, working with other leaders as appropriate.
- Along with elders and deacons, oversee operations of the church.
- Facilitate regular meetings of church officers (elders/deacons) and lay leaders.
- Care for and counsel members with support and accountability from leaders, volunteers, and other staff.
- Refer members to others (e.g. professional counselor) as needed.
- Participate in regular staff and leadership meetings with openness and collaborative spirit, with a desire to grow in community and fellowship.
- Commit to positive and open communication with other staff, leaders, volunteers.
- Participate in youth/children/ACCC programs on occasion to develop unity.
Required Qualifications (1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, 1 Peter 5):
Heart – Love for Christ, His mission, and His church. Love for people.
Head – Master of Divinity required from an accredited seminary, Bible college, or Christian university. Ordained or ordination-eligible. Must be in agreement with EACF’s statement of faith.
Hands – Minimum of 5 years previous ministry leadership experience.
Other – experience with Chinese church or culture preferred, Mandarin speaking ability helpful.
Job Type: Full Time
Starting Salary Range: up to $90k (including benefits) with annual reviews
Benefits: life and health insurance (QSEHRA), retirement, education support, paid vacation.
Church Denomination: Non-Denominational
Description of Organization: EACF is an independent church borne out of the English ministry of ACCC–a Chinese immigrant congregation organized in 1980 by students from Taiwan. Over the years, ACCC has grown with more Chinese-heritage immigrants and migrants from other cities in the USA, has planted two daughter churches (Johns Creek and East Cobb), and has supported the separation of the English-speaking congregation EACF to be an independent but partnered daughter/sister congregation sharing a facility and collaborating in children and youth ministries. EACF oversees youth ministry while ACCC oversees children’s ministry.
EACF Mission Statement: We make disciples who transform communities through the Gospel of Jesus Christ.