Creekside Community Church was planted as a member of the EFCA in 1968. Since then, Creekside has grown into an intergenerational family of Jesus followers. We are on mission together to love God and others, grow in Christ and community, and reach our neighbors and the nations. We pursue this mission by submitting ourselves to God’s Word, humbling ourselves in prayer, creating hospitable spaces, and living incarnational lives in our workplaces, schools, neighborhoods, and homes.
About the Role
The Student Ministries Pastor will be responsible to:
- Support the mission and cultural values of Creekside Community Church
- Lead the church’s effort to shepherd students 6th-12th grades.
- Develop and execute a ministry plan, including “onboarding” for late-elementary kids.
- Develop and regularly teach within a Bible teaching plan.
- Recruit, develop, and shepherd volunteer youth leaders.
- Work closely with pastoral staff to connect students to the life of the church.
- Preach and teach on occasion in adult settings.
About the Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will:
- be primarily concerned with his own intimate walk with Christ.
- possess and pursue the character qualifications of an elder (1 Timothy 3:8-13; Titus 1:5-9).
- long to shepherd the flock following the pattern of Jesus’ ultimate shepherding care (1 Peter 5:1-5).
- hold or seek ordination in the Evangelical Free Church of America.
- embrace Creekside Community Church’s doctrine, mission, and philosophy.
- demonstrate the ability to connect relationally with students in middle and high school.
- demonstrate the ability to teach the Word in a way middle and high school students can understand.
- be creative and self-motivated.
- have completed a Masters in Divinity or equivalent ministry experience.
Gainesville, FL, is a college town, home to the University of Florida. This town is rapidly growing, with great cultural experiences available through UF. And, we are only 1.5 hours from beaches on both coasts!