Job Title: Worship & Children’s Pastor
Employment Status: Full-time, 40 hrs/week (W-2 employee)
Chroma Church is a new multiethnic, multigenerational church plant in Dublin, Ohio affiliated with the SEND Network, the North American Mission Board, and the Southern Baptist Convention with a passion for diversity, justice, and the gospel.
We are a vibrant, growing community of people from all backgrounds and walks of life who are united in our love for God and for others. Some of the features that make us unique is our leadership comprised of people of color, our special concern and work for biblical justice, and our balance of strengths and viewpoints from various faith traditions all within a biblical and gospel-centered framework.
In two years, the church has grown to approximately 60 members and regular attenders as of July 2023.
About this job
Working at Chroma would be an exciting and rewarding experience and opportunity to grow as a leader and a minister. The leaders of Chroma work together as a close-knit team that feels more like family than an office. As a young church less than three years old, we are in an exciting phase of continual growth and development; every month presents new challenges and opportunities, and we have the freedom to try new things, learn from our mistakes, and celebrate our successes together.
We believe the addition of a new pastor would boost the strength of our church and propel us toward a stage of expansive growth and effective outreach to our community. We feel God has planted us in Dublin to make a significant impact for His Kingdom throughout the city of Columbus. We look forward to finding the right partners to work with and bring God’s vision to reality together!
Chroma features a blended worship style of contemporary praise, traditional hymns, and gospel music. The children’s ministry currently serves approximately 10 children with plans to develop a youth ministry in the near future.
The Worship & Children’s Pastor assists the Lead Pastor in running the weekly Sunday service and the children’s/youth ministries of the church. The Worship & Children’s Pastor leads the worship team and the congregational worship during services and other gatherings. The Worship & Children’s Pastor also oversees Sunday school classes and teachers, providing training, selecting or building curriculum, and discipling the next generation.
The Worship & Children’s Pastor may also assist with preaching and teaching duties, administration, training, planning, and outreach as needed. Applicants must be in full agreement with Chroma Church’s Statement of Faith, which can be found at https://bfm.sbc.net/bfm2000/.
Responsibilities & Expectations
The Worship & Children’s Pastor shall be expected to fulfill and adhere to the following:
• Serve as a faithful elder of Chroma Church according to 1 Timothy 3:1-7
• Attend all Chroma Church services, staff meetings, planning meetings, training meetings, events, and office hours
• Lead the worship team and congregational worship during church services and gatherings
• Oversee and develop the children’s and youth ministries
• Assist the Lead Pastor with preaching, teaching, planning, shepherding, administration, and outreach
Skills and Qualifications
The Worship & Children’s Pastor should possess the following skills and qualifications:
• Qualifications for an elder according to 1 Timothy 3:1-7
• Ability to lead a worship team and congregational worship
• Vocal and instrumental proficiency
• A deep knowledge of traditional hymns, contemporary worship, and gospel music
• Ability to teach and lead by example
• A shepherd’s heart that ministers to people with love, truth, and grace
• Strong administrative, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Godly humility to support the leadership and the mission/vision of the church
• Ability to lead teams and train teachers and leaders within the church
Education & Experience
• Minimum 1 year of church leadership experience (paid or unpaid)
• Minimum 1 year of formal biblical/theological training
• Seminary degree preferred but not required