Christ Covenant Church of Villa Park, IL is looking for a part-time youth director/pastor.
Christ Covenant Church is seeking a servant leader with a clear calling to work with teenagers. This individual will develop and lead a Christ-centered ministry for our middle and high school students in order to fulfill our church’s mission to grow ever more deeply in our love for God—in our hearts, through our thoughts, and with our choices—as we abide in Christ and share God’s healing grace by the power of the Holy Spirit. Please note: This position could be combined with the position of Worship Leader if the candidate is qualified in both areas.
Hours: 15-20 hours per week, hybrid remote and on-site, with occasional overnight or weekend trips
Supervisor: Senior Pastor
- A mature and growing relationship with Jesus, love for God, reliance on the Holy Spirit, and dedication to serving the church as the body of Christ
- Completed some level of training in youth ministry or have commensurate experience
- Ability to effectively manage, motivate, and encourage a variety of adult volunteers
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent communication skills with adults and teenagers
- Demonstrated ability to relate to teenagers from diverse backgrounds and experiences, with respect and sensitivity
- Professional demeanor, moral and ethical integrity, and a commitment to excellence
- Some experience in a multi-ethnic ministry setting
Requirements and Expectations:
- Understanding of and agreement with Evangelical Covenant Church affirmations, positions, traditions, and practices
- Willingness to work closely with the pastors and church leadership to carry out the goals and vision of CCC within guidelines, policies, procedures and budget of the church
- Participate in the worship and life of the church, including regular Sunday attendance
- Able to make at least a 12-month commitment to the position
- Willingness to pursue continuing education in youth ministry and outreach
- Evaluate the specific needs of the youth within the congregation and the local community to determine how to serve them and how they might best serve each other.
- Collaborate with the parents of the youth to discuss and implement ideas that lead them toward Christ-centered discipleship, including possible group trips to camps, youth gatherings and/or mission/service trips.
- Set the vision for the youth ministry in a way that is consistent with biblical teaching and the Church’s strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate high school Sunday school and middle-school Confirmation classes, and collaborate to align youth curriculum with themes and strategic initiatives of the broader church.
- Schedule and oversee monthly events that promote spiritual formation, building relationships and/or outreach to the community.
- Follow and maintain policies and procedures that ensure the physical and emotional safety of the youth of the church.
- Recruit, train, coordinate, and support adult teachers and volunteers.
- Attend monthly staff meetings and regularly collaborate with pastors, staff, and leadership of CCC.
To apply, please send your résumé and two references to Rev. Adria Willett-Leonardo at [email protected].