Christ Covenant Church of Villa Park, IL is looking for a part-time worship leader.
The Worship Coordinator facilitates the worship ministry and musical gifts of the congregation in order to fulfill our church’s mission to grow ever more deeply in our love for God–in our hearts, through our thoughts, and with our choices–as we abide in Christ and share God’s healing grace by the power of the Holy Spirit. The worship coordinator provides leadership and administration to the majority of the worship services throughout the year. S/he prioritizes opportunities for members to use and develop their gifts in worship as well as coordinates those people to create and lead services of “blended worship.” We seek to incorporate into our worship services a blend of music and practices from diverse traditions and contexts.
Hours: 5-10 hours per week (some can be done remotely) Supervisor: Senior Pastor
- A growing, personal relationship with Jesus, love for God, reliance on the Holy Spirit, and dedication to serving the church as the body of Christ
- 1 to 3 years of experience leading and planning worship services
- Demonstrated musical ability in voice and/or instrument
- Ability to effectively manage, motivate, and encourage a variety of adult and youth volunteers
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Understanding of and agreement with Evangelical Covenant Church affirmations, positions, traditions, and practices
- Willingness to work closely with the pastors and church leadership to carry out the goals and vision of CCC within guidelines, policies, procedures and budget of the church
- Commitment to character traits such as punctuality, reliability, humility, and integrity
- Attend all Sunday services, with 6-8 weeks per year as time off
- Recruit, coordinate and supervise Worship Team through:
- ensuring worship teams are prepared to lead worship,
- selecting music that fits the goals and theme of each worship service,
- creating arrangements for instruments as needed,
- recruiting and training musicians (and finding substitutes as needed),
- confirming music and texts are correctly entered into the worship slides.
- Work with Pastor(s) and/or Worship Ministry Team to:
- craft weekly worship services,
- carry out the creative ideas of the Worship Planning Team by delegating duties to capable volunteers.
- Execute administrative details including:
- creating weekly worship slides,
- printing music for worship teams, if needed,
- keeping music licenses up to date,
- reviewing and approving bills for worship-related purchases,
- keeping worship storage and print/digital files organized.
- Lead Worship Teams 2-3 times per month and use musical abilities to fill-in where needed.
To apply, please send your résumé and two references to Rev. Adria Willett-Leonardo at [email protected]