CHRIST COMMUNITY EXISTS TO
MAKE GOSPEL-CENTERED DISCIPLES AMONG ALL PEOPLE FOR THE
GLORY OF GOD.
THE GOSPEL ABOVE ALL
More than anything else, Christ Community is a church that is about the gospel.
Jesus tells his disciples and those who would follow, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me, go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.’”
We believe Jesus radically changes a person’s life. We are to remind ourselves daily that we have been set free from the power of sin and condemnation and to live in light of this freedom. We do not work for our salvation, but our salvation has been given to us freely by God himself through faith in Christ. Therefore, we are to live out the gospel of grace every day in our personal lives as well as with those we are around.
OUR CORE VALUES
COMMUNITY & CULTURE
Christ Community in Huntersville, NC, is seeking to fill the position of Pastor/Director of Student Ministry. Located in the fast-growing Lake Norman region of North Carolina, Huntersville is a suburban community which offers an exceptional quality of life and intentional small-town atmosphere.
Sharing a border with Charlotte, one of the nation’s top financial centers, Huntersville attracts many families relocating to the area and seeking a variety of quality educational opportunities for their children, as well as older families who want the conveniences of a major metro area without many of the issues often associated with city living.
The region is perfect for sports fans, and beaches and mountains are only a short drive away. Charlotte Douglas International Airport is a major hub for air travel, and local universities and seminaries offer opportunities for continuing adult education.
Christ Community, a member of the Southern Baptist Convention, is a Great Commission church with a focus on evangelism, missions, and discipleship. The church has nearly 800 active members and averages over 1200 in attendance at the Sunday morning worship services across our Huntersville and Denver campuses. The services are all thriving, contemporary services with top-notch talent who honor God with their gifts in leading the church to praise God.
Christ Community exists to make gospel-centered disciples among all people for the glory of God. Everything we do, from worship, to preaching, to missions, is centered on and for the purpose of Jesus Christ.
For more information, please see our website: christcommunity.com.
Purpose and Primary Responsibilities: The primary role of the Pastor/Director of Student Ministry will be to lead the student ministry of Christ Community to carry out the mission of the church. He will provide strategic leadership to both our middle and high school ministries with the goal of helping students take their next step in their faith. This person must have strong written and verbal communication skills, good problem-solving abilities, and be a team player. This person must have the ability to effectively engage with both students and parents as we seek to partner with families in the discipleship of their child(ren). In addition to the responsibilities listed below, the Pastor/Director of Student Ministry will be responsible for all duties assigned by the Pastor of Discipleship.
· Provide leadership and direction to the student ministry at Christ Community Church.
· Assist in recruiting, training, and developing student ministry staff and leaders.
· Develop partnerships with local schools for the purpose of serving their needs.
· Find new ways to reach students that do not attend Christ Community.
· Build intentional discipleship relationships with students.
· Develop a leadership team of students to lead in various aspects of the ministry.
· Help create exceptional Wednesday night and Sunday morning experiences for students.
· Teach in various large group and small group settings on a regular basis.
· Be the primary leader of camps, retreats, mission trips, and other major events throughout the year.
· Attend weekly staff meetings and work with other ministry areas to accomplish the mission of Christ Community.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Self-starter: Ability to prioritize projects and able to utilize creative problem-solving skills.
· Recruiter: Ability to recruit, train, and lead adult volunteers.
· Teachable: Able to receive feedback and must be a constant learner.
· Teammate: Not a lone ranger, but someone who enjoys working as a team.
· Passion: Vision for enhancing student ministry to better achieve the mission of Christ Community.
· Level-Headed: Remains calm and works well under pressure.
· Servant Hearted: Someone who serves with a positive attitude and a willingness to do whatever task may be required.
· Innovator: Enthusiastic about improvement. Innovative, progressive, and future-minded.
· Communicator: Able to teach the Word of God to students and adults.
· Must model a deep commitment to Jesus.
· Must be committed to the mission, vision, and values of Christ Community Church.
· Must maintain membership at Christ Community Church.
· Must be highly organized with attention to detail.
· Must possess an attitude of service with a drive to accomplish our mission.
· Must agree with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
Seeking full time exempt position. Benefits and salary commensurate with experience. Reports to the Pastor of Discipleship.
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2978