Chinese Church of Iowa City (CCIC) is seeking a full-time English Ministry (EM) Pastor. This individual will help to carry out our church vision statement: Our church is a family for you in Christ. The EM Pastor will provide leadership and care to our congregation while carrying out and affirming our church vision statement through discipleship and outreach. This care will primarily be done through oversight, support, and guidance of the EM small groups (youth, young adult, and family group), with a special heart for the younger generation. Chinese culture familiarity and Mandarin language ability a plus. The EM Pastor will be responsible to the Senior Pastor and Church Council.
Teaching and Preaching
- Provide biblical and gospel-centered preaching.
- Support Adult Sunday School classes.
- Oversee all aspects of the Sunday worship services (pulpit, worship, AV, order of worship).
- Join Friday night fellowship.
- Conduct baptism and new member classes as necessary.
Discipleship and Training
- Train existing and future Bible study leaders.
- Continue ongoing discipleship relationships and build-up new discipleship groups.
- Coordinate evangelism & outreach training, events, and projects.
Leadership and Caring
- Lead monthly meetings with the EM Core Team (leadership team).
- Supports and guides various ministries in the EM (music, AV, youth, young adults, families, women’s caring)
- Pray with small group leaders and support them, both in terms of ministry and personal life.
- Care for and encourage members through visitations.
- Reach out and communicate with new visitors.
Council and Coordination with the Chinese Ministry (CM)
- Participation in council and consistory meetings (Ministry reports are to be submitted before each regularly scheduled council meeting).
- Coordination with the CM pastor for joint events and services.
- Coordination with the Christian Education elder regarding youth Sunday school needs.
- Must be ordained or willing to be ordained in the Christian Reformed Church.
- Master of Divinity or Equivalent; or currently working towards a Master of Divinity.
- Open to any amount of ministry experience.
- Heart for the youth.
- Bilingual English/Mandarin Chinese a plus (not required).
How to Apply:
Please submit resume, cover letter, and a personal statement of faith
Tom Fisher (Search Committee Chair)
Email: [email protected]