Due to a recent retirement, Charlton Baptist Church is prayerfully seeking an energetic Lead Pastor to work with the elders and staff to shepherd our active church family. This includes leading and inspiring the church in the fulfillment of its mission, vision, and long-range plans, especially in the areas of hospitality, outreach, and growing disciples. Charlton Baptist Church began as a few faithful families meeting regularly in a home setting more than 40 years ago. In those years it has grown to be a lively, multigenerational church with roughly 150 in attendance weekly. Charlton, Massachusetts is centrally located and less than one hour from major cities like Boston, Providence, RI and Hartford, CT.
The ideal candidate will:
- Conscientiously grow his relationship with the Lord for the sake of the spiritual health of the church.
- Protect the church from false teachings, disobedient living, and disunity. (2 Timothy 1:13-14; Acts 20:28-30).
- Lead by example as a person of prayer and a witness for Christ.
- Possess a good work ethic to help CBC make continue to grow and mature.
- Set good boundaries in balancing his work, time with God, and time with his family.
- Oversee the planning of the worship services and prepare sermons that boldly proclaim the Scriptures with clarity and enthusiasm.
- Equip the congregation for Christian believing, living, and serving through mentoring, classes, small groups, seminars, training events and other suitable means.
- Anticipate needs within the church family by providing pastoral care, support, counseling, prayer or visitations as needed.
- Performing biblically aligned weddings, funerals, child dedications, and baptisms.
- Work with boards, committees, ministries, and officers in planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and evaluating the overall program of the church.
- At least 5 years of ministerial experience
- A Masters of Divinity degree
- Ordination by a body whose beliefs align with our Statement of Faith or who is willing to have his ordination affirmed by our church body and denomination.
- Capable of using technology effectively to advance ministry.
- Able to manage and supervise a small staff.
- Salary $65,000-$85,000 for full time performance, negotiable based on experience, education, and aptitude.
- Benefits including support for engaging in conferences, seminars, and courses consistent with his Terms of Call.
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]