The Big Picture
Centerpoint Church (centerpointchurch.church) (1500) is seeking a full-time Associate Pastor
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
A. Pastoral Care
1. Manage the platform for handling pastoral needs of the congregation. (Currently Notebird).
2. Supervise the pastoral care team, currently two part time employees.
3. Personally responsible for some of the calls, follow-ups, house visits, hospital visits, shut in visits and food delivery.
a. Prepare and teach weekly lessons for mid-week programming (Through the Bible).
b. Member of the preaching team as scheduled. C. Communications Leader
1. Supervise the communications team (i.e. social media, website, Google, etc.) including leading weekly team meetings.
2. Oversee announcements including pulpit, postcards, and mailing.
3. Create, order, and keep current the banners in the main sanctuary twice a year.
D. Pastor of Small Groups/Coordinator
1. Assist with all aspects of starting new groups including but not limited to organizing and helping choose curriculum where applicable.
2. Manage the small group calendar and room assignments, keeping up with all changes and additions. Informs any staff or volunteers that need to know about any changes or updates, etc.
3. Work with the communication team weekly on announcements related to small groups.
4. Interview and train all new leaders using the Leader training material. Continued leadership development.
5. Encourage small group leaders with appreciation cards, emails, texts, etc.
1. Must have a strong and growing relationship with Jesus Christ and it should be evident in both the personal and professional life.
2. Must be called by God into ministry.
3. Ability to preach and teach sound doctrine.
4. Must agree to Centerpoint Church’s code of ethics.
5. Must be able to uphold and support the mission statement.
6. Seminary education in biblical studies (Degree preferrable).
7. Ability to relate to and care for persons of different races/cultures and socio-economic backgrounds.
8. Pastoral experience.
Please look over this job description and the church. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
1. Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Associate Pastor at Centerpoint Church?
2. Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Associate Pastor of Centerpoint Church?
3. In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Centerpoint Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to a few online sermons to [email protected]