The Big Picture
Calvary Memorial church (cmcracine.org) is a faithful congregation seeking a Youth Pastor.
The Calvary Memorial Church had its beginning in the early 1900’s in a small chapel on Lindermann Avenue. In the Fall of 1915, a series of evangelistic meetings led to the formation of the congregation, then known as the Gospel Tabernacle. From the outset, the church has been an independent, non-denominational church, consistently emphasizing the sufficiency of the Bible as the Word of God; the need for believers in Jesus Christ to grow in their faith; to fellowship and worship together; and to share the Gospel with others.
At CMC, our goal is to “prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.” Ephesians 4:12-13
To this end, the Associate Pastor of Youth will work with the Senior Pastor and Elder Council in the shepherding and oversight of the congregation of the Calvary Memorial Church.
1. Meets the qualifications for Elders. (1 Tim. 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9; 1 Peter 5:1-4; 2 Tim. 2:15, 22-25)
2. Exhibits the Fruit of the Spirit and godly conduct/character (Gal. 5:22-23; Col. 3:12-17)
3. Preaching/teaching must be Biblically grounded and centered (1 Tim. 4:11-16; 2 Tim. 3:16-17, 4:1-2; Titus 1:9)
4. Agrees with the beliefs and practices outlined in the CMC Statement of Faith and the Bylaws.
5. Has received sufficient Biblical training.
in overseeing the student ministries:
Leading/overseeing middle and high school youth ministry.
1. Teach (or facilitating teaching) on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights.
2. Oversee volunteer staff to serve, disciple and teach as needed.
3. Lead retreats and special events.
4. Plan and lead annual mission trip – including training and discipleship.
5. Endeavor to equip and partner with parents as the primary disciplers of their children.
6. Manage budget.
7. Tenderly watch over the spiritual needs of the staff, families and students. (May include admonishing, exhorting, teaching, counseling, visitation, etc.)
In overseeing the congregational ministries:
1. Oversee the various ministries of the Calvary Memorial Church. These may include, but not be limited to: Men’s/Women’s Ministries, Christian Education, Community Groups, Missions, etc.
2. Recruit, train, and encourage volunteers in various church ministries.
3. Work directly with the Senior Pastor in all church matters and initiatives.
4. Assist the Senior Pastor with all pastoral responsibilities including, but not limited to, visitation, preaching, shepherding, discipline, counseling, weddings, funerals, etc.
5. Assist the Senior Pastor in planning and implementing Sunday morning worship services, baptisms and dedications.
6. Assume responsibility when the Senior Pastor is absent (in cooperation with the Elders).
7. Preach and teach the congregation when and where assigned.
8. Be a voting member of the Elder Council and provide monthly reports to the Council and an annual report to the congregation.
The Senior Pastor, in cooperation with the Council of Elders.
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Youth Pastor at Calvary Memorial Church?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Youth Pastor at Calvary Memorial Church?
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the Statement of Faith of Calvary Memorial Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected]