Calvary Baptist Church is looking for an Associate Pastor of Student Ministries who will invest in leading, teaching, and discipling students to grow closer to Jesus Christ.
This position is a full-time salary position with a pay and vacation package commensurate with the candidate’s experience, beginning in the $40,000 – $45,000 range.
He will maintain a growing personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ and provide a godly example through his life. He will:
• Be (or become) a member in good standing of Calvary Baptist Church.
• Be a good citizen without criminal history and with a safe driving record.
• Be accountable to the Senior Pastor. In the absence of the Senior Pastor, he will be accountable to the Deacon Board.
• Have a direct working relationship with the church volunteers and leaders.
• Establish open communication with parents and build meaningful relationships to help strengthen
the family units.
• Be involved in teaching and discipling young people through youth group and Sunday school.
• Consistently plan and execute activities for the youth group.
• Be available to counsel teens as the need arises and seek to build relationships with them (e.g., home visits, lunches, visiting schools, sporting, and musical events, etc.).
• Seek to evangelize youth in the Evart community and schools.
• Attend church staff meetings and work cooperatively as a member of the Pastoral Staff team.
• Give reports of his ministry monthly to the Deacon Board and to the congregation at the regularly scheduled business meetings.
• Be accountable for the general oversight of the youth budget.
• Have a continual desire to learn and grow in various areas to strengthen his ministry potential.
• He will also occasionally be asked to provide general pastoral support through pulpit ministry and other pastoral duties.
Qualifications/The Ideal Candidate
He will be a man who is growing in the direction of the 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1 qualifications and who is not disqualified by them in any measure. He will be committed to our church vision: Making disciples of Jesus who worship, link, learn, and serve.
He will need to:
• Be able to connect with teenagers and be excited about positively influencing our students.
• Have a formal ministry degree.
• Be growing in character, competency, and as a capable communicator of God’s Word.
• Be teachable, humble, honest, a team player, and one who does not take himself too seriously.
• Agree with our church doctrinal statement (viewable at www.cbcevart.org/doctrine).
Our Community …
Evart is a small community of 2,000 people tucked away along Route 10 in Central Michigan. We have several small businesses in town where you can purchase most anything you need. The only fast food restaurants are McDonalds, Subway, and two pizza locations. The closest communities for greater shopping and dining are Big Rapids (30 minutes), Cadillac (40 minutes), and Mt. Pleasant (50 minutes).
The schools have been newly remodeled and have an overall enrollment of 890 students. Our church is heavily invested in our school system, both personally and through service projects. Many church members are employed by or volunteer at our nearby schools. We are seeking a candidate who is willing to invest in our community and relocate his family here.
To learn more about CBC Evart, visit the church webpage www.cbcevart.org.
Interested candidates can submit their application through email to our Senior Pastor, Curtis Rider, at [email protected].
For your application, please include:
• A resume
• A cover letter expressing your strengths and reasons for interest
• 3 references minimum including at least: 1 pastoral, 1 personal, 1 professional
Our Story …
Calvary Baptist Church of Evart was founded in 1945. It is a small church located in a “one stoplight” community in central Michigan. We are a church of 120+ people with a multi-generational attendance. Our core values begin with our vision: to make disciples of Jesus who worship, link, learn, and serve. Our goal is to produce followers of Jesus who have developed life habits in each of those core areas.
We are especially passionate about making disciples of Jesus in the next generation. Our church has an intentional focus on children and teen ministries. We have participated in the AWANA outreach program since the 1960s. For the past 21 years we have had a weekly teen ministry (7th through 12th) called Calvary Teens. As incentive to attend and participate, for the past decade our church has offered a camp scholarship to The Springs Ministries in Gladwin at the culmination of the school year. This has led to upwards of 30 children and teens attending a week of camp each summer completely funded through the generosity of Calvary members.
Our church also has a passion for missions, funding numerous missionaries and sending mission teams to Brazil 3 times in the past 15 years. Our congregation loves each other and cares for each other through the good times and hard—we celebrate the wins and support each other when things aren’t easy. It’s a special family to be part of, and we can’t wait to meet the person God brings to us for this role!