A full-time Youth/English Minister is sought to serve in the youth group of the Boulder Chinese Evangelical Free Church in Lafayette, Colorado. The Youth/English Minister reports to the Senior Pastor for spiritual and ministry guidance. Qualified applicants who request to begin the service at part-time capacities will also be considered.
Purpose of Position
- To build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive youth ministry (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
- The youth minister will help Create a Youth Ministry that effectively reaches non-Christian youth.
- Lead students into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Develop within students a Biblical worldview.
- Bring students together for genuine, Christian fellowship.
- Assist parents in the challenging work of raising teenagers who love Jesus.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan, direct, conduct, and evaluate a comprehensive youth ministry, taking into consideration the spiritual, physical, recreational, social, and psychological development of youth (6th grade and above).
- Help students develop the spiritual disciplines of worship, Bible study, prayer, and living and sharing their faith.
- Preach or arrange for speakers for Sunday English worship services on a weekly basis.
- Oversee and teach at Sunday/weekday Bible studies and small group meetings.
- Plan and coordinate events and activities such as retreats, camps, short mission trips, community service, outreach events/activities, etc.
- Make efforts to be available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. visitation, times of crisis) Relate the youth to the overall life of the church and the church to the needs of its youth Keep records of youth participation and manage the youth ministry budget.
- Ensure that safe environment policies are observed in all youth ministry settings
Requirements and Qualifications
- Must have a mature and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Uphold the expectations of servant leaders in the Scriptures.
- Is expected to maintain integrity beyond reproach through a moral and ethical lifestyle.
- Must be wise in interactions with students.
- Must have God-honoring relationships with family and friends.
- Love God’s people, particularly the youth, as evidenced through empathetic, gracious, and patient interactions.
- Profess a vocational calling to full-time ministry.
- Must be self-motivated and enthusiastic about youth ministry.
- Happy to put in the time necessary to accomplish goals and tasks, and able to push through challenges.
- Must have graduated or about to graduate from college. Seminary training is a plus.
- Experience working with youth groups is preferred.
- Must have a doctrinal position that matches the EFCA’s Statement of Faith.
- Applicants that seek long-term relations with the church, are willing to get EFCA pastor license in 5 years, and have an appreciation of Asian-American cultures is preferred.
If interested, please submit the following to Donghua Dai ([email protected]) Resume
- 3 references (name, phone number or email)
- Personal testimony
- Optional materials that may help us to know you more (e.g. ministry calling and/or vision, sermon recording).