A full-time Youth Director/Minister is sought to serve in the youth group of the Boulder Chinese Evangelical Free Church in Lafayette, Colorado. The Youth Director/Minister reports to the Senior Pastor for spiritual and ministry guidance. Qualified applicants who request to begin the service at part-time capacities will also be considered.
Purpose of Position
To build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive youth ministry (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model. The youth director/minister will help:
- Create a Youth Ministry that effectively reaches non-Christian youth.
- Lead students into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Develop within students a Biblical worldview.
- Bring students together for genuine, Christian fellowship.
Roles and Responsibilities
Lead a comprehensive youth ministry, taking into consideration the spiritual and social-emotional development of youth (6th grade and above).
- Help students develop the spiritual disciplines of worship, Bible study, prayer, and living and sharing their faith.
- Preach or arrange for speakers for Sunday worship services on a weekly basis.
- Oversee and teach at Sunday/weekday Bible studies and small group meetings.
- Plan and coordinate events and activities such as retreats, camps, short mission trips, community service, outreach events/activities, etc.
- Make efforts to be available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. visitation, times of crisis)
- Ensure that safe environment policies are observed in all youth ministry settings.
- Have a mature and growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Uphold the expectations of servant leaders in the Scriptures.
- Maintain integrity beyond reproach through a moral and ethical lifestyle.
- Have God-honoring relationships with family and friends.
- Profess a vocational calling to full-time ministry. Must be self-motivated and enthusiastic about youth ministry.
- Graduated or about to graduate from college.
- Have a doctrinal position that matches the EFCA’s Statement of Faith.
- Appreciation of Asian-American cultures.
- Experience in working with youth groups.
- Seminary training is a plus.
If interested, please submit the following to Donghua Dai ([email protected])
3 references (name, phone number or email);
Optional materials that may help us to know you more (e.g. ministry calling and/or vision, sermon recording).