Senior leader of a congregational elder led church with the primary responsibilities of:
- Preaching most weeks, overseeing church staff and ministries (delegating where appropriate), and casting vision for the church.
- Work with the elder board to refine vision, approve budgets and develop strategies for accomplishing the mission of the church.
- Shall have freedom to choose what day-to-day schedule and job duties look like (elder board does not micro-manage).
Ideal candidate has the following traits:
- Expository preaching
- Good public speaker
- Big picture/visionary
- Energetic personality
- Passionate about reaching the lost
- Good at delegating and empowering leaders
About this Church
We are a contemporary church with a passion for missions and reaching the lost.
We are located in a college town (Penn State – “We Are!”) with an average about 80 to 100 people in our Sunday morning service. We have a growing number of families with small children and thus our children’s ministry is quickly becoming a very important part of our discipleship.
Our mission field is local as the university provides a lot of scholars, many who are from non-western cultures. This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for evangelism.
6+ Years experience preferred
MA/MDiv minimum preferred
Must agree to EFCA Statement of Faith https://www.efca.org/sof
$85,000+ package, flexible to include mix and match of Professional Fund, Housing Allowance, Retirement, Employer Health Insurance Contributions, and/or Salary.