The Bethel KIDS Director will lead our children’s ministry (Bethel KIDS) in alignment with the mission of Bethel Community Church: Proclaim the truth of Jesus and grow mature disciples for the glory of God. This position reports to the Pastor of Families and Youth.
• Lead our children’s ministry (Bethel Kids) in alignment with the mission of Bethel Community Church: Proclaim the truth of Jesus and grow mature disciples for the glory of God
• Oversee the scheduling of volunteers to teach and aid in classrooms, security, and kids check-in
• Evaluate processes to ensure they are functioning to full potential
• Organize and document important paperwork such as job descriptions, budget and background checks
• Encourage and equip coaches/volunteers within their role of serving
• Provide support for parents and help equip them in their pursuit to disciple their children at home
• Make adjustments and improvements to programming to ensure we are accomplishing our mission within Bethel Kids
• Use church software (Planning Center, Slack, Church App) and emails to communicate with staff and volunteers and for record-keeping
• Along with Pastor of Families and Youth, select curriculum and ensure compliance with BCC child safety policy and other procedures
• Ensure teachers and helpers have needed curriculum and supplies and can utilize
• Ensure new families receive Bethel Kids welcome bags and children receive birthday greetings, etc.
• Help keep Bethel Kids areas up-to-date and well-stocked
• Help encourage/direct community-building opportunities with Bethel Kids Families (movie nights, park play dates, etc.)
• Lead Bethel Kids training events
• Meet with Bethel Kids Coaches and Awana Director to coach and equip no less than quarterly