The Assistant Director of Auxiliary Development supports the Director in developing strategies, designing projects, tracking progress goals, and evaluating and improving departmental performance. The Assistant Director oversees the day-to-day responsibilities for the strategic and operational support of the Apostolic Church of God’s (ACOG) auxiliaries and the programmatic activity of ACOG’s members. The assistant director also supports the successful execution of the three core functions of the Auxiliary Development Department: (1) the development of spiritual content and programming for ACOG’s members and auxiliaries; (2) the building and managing of support systems for ACOG’s auxiliaries; and (3) the recruitment, retention, and development of volunteers.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Director and staff to create and execute strategic plans that support the department’s three core functions, including the design, development, and implementation of strategic planning tools, resources, and analytics.
- Assist the director in the identification of strategic needs, initiatives, and approaches to drive operational efficiency within auxiliaries.
- Assist the Director to establish and enforce budgets, timelines, and metrics.
- Ensure the smooth operation of each department – Worship Auxiliaries, Servanthood and Seniors, Y2M, Evangelism of Grace, and Christian Education and Health & Wellness – managing all daily operations within the parameters of established policies and procedures.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with members, management, staff, and the community.
- Assist the Director in recruiting, retaining, and providing leadership to volunteer teams that will help execute the initiatives of the
- Support the Director in the development of the spiritual content, framework, and strategy for special events such as the convention, retreats, revivals, etc.
- Collaborate with the administrative support staff and Grace & Truth Media staff in meeting the operational needs of the church.
- A bachelor’s degree in ministry or business administration or related field preferred.
- 3 years of strategic planning experience.
- Experience planning and facilitating worship services and designing and developing ministry curricula.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in public speaking, facilitation, and the development of PowerPoint presentations.
- Experience managing volunteers from varied backgrounds and evaluating the effectiveness of volunteer services.
- Highly organized with the ability to simultaneously carry out a variety of complex responsibilities with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to analyze complex strategic problems, develop clear recommendations, and present your findings.
- Ability to influence and drive a group to a common goal.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
This Assistant Director of Auxiliary Development job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
To Apply contact: Rev. Isaac Hayes – Ph: 773-667-1500; email: [email protected]