ABOUT THE CHURCH
Ambassador Bible Church (ABC) is a multi-ethnic church located in Chantilly, VA, and affiliated with the Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA). Our average Sunday attendance is 100+ adults, 25+ youth (6th-12th grade), and 60+ children ranging from nursery-5th grade. With many young families, our children’s ministry, called Ambassador Kids, is a growing and vibrant ministry served by a dedicated team of adult and youth volunteers. The current church staff consists of the Senior Pastor (Full-Time), Youth/College Pastor (Full-Time), and Director of Discipleship (Part-Time).
Our mission is to be a God-glorifying, gospel-centered, grace-filled community that loves Jesus and is empowered by the Spirit to make and equip disciples of all nationalities to be Christ’s ambassadors to all the nations. Our unique contribution to the mission is through our vision to be a church to call home.
We are excited to add a person to our team who shares the same heart and desire to be on mission together in, through, and for Christ.
- Full-Time Director of Children’s Ministry
- 40 hours/week including in-person on Sundays with flexibility to work remotely for some other days of the week.
- Part-Time arrangements to be considered on a case-by-case basis.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To further the mission and vision of the church by leading, shepherding, and developing healthy followers of Christ among children ages 0-5th grade.
- Provide direction, vision, and strategic development of all aspects of the children’s ministry from nursery to 5th grade.
- Oversee all programming for the children’s ministry, including Sundays and special events.
- Create an exciting learning environment for children in order to increase their understanding of God’s love for them and encourage a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Recruit, train, schedule, lead, and invest in the spiritual development of the volunteer team.
- Collaborate with and develop leaders from among the volunteer team.
- Ensure that relevant, gospel-centered curriculum is developed and used that teaches Biblical principles and truths appropriate for various developmental levels.
- Oversee the selection and ordering of curriculum and supplies for the children’s program.
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
- Provide resources and support to parents to form a strategic gospel partnership.
- Listen receptively to suggestions and concerns from parents and volunteers.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the children’s ministry budget.
- Develop and enforce policies necessary in maintaining a safe ministry environment.
- Collaborate with staff and elders and ensure vertical articulation between levels of children’s ministry.
- Attend the weekly staff meeting and other meetings at the request of the senior pastor.
- A love for God and His Word.
- Character that is above reproach, marked with humility and with private and public conduct worthy of the calling to which we have been called (Eph. 4:1), both as a follower of Jesus and as an official representative of the church.
- A clear sense of calling for children’s ministry.
- A gospel-centered passion to see children come to know, love, and follow Christ.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Formal training (preferred) in Christian education or children’s ministry.
- Leadership experience in children’s ministry (paid or volunteer).
- Affirmation of the ABC’s Statement of Faith.
- Submit to and pass a background check.