SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Worship Director is responsible for, but not limited to, all of Cornerstone’s worship and production ministries. The Worship Director strives to worship God and disciple worshipers by embodying and executing Cornerstone’s Worship DNA.
CULTURE + CHARACTER
Staff of Cornerstone are expected to fully embrace our values, mission, ministry philosophy, and the vision of our church. Additionally, all staff of Cornerstone are expected to understand, affirm and adhere to our Statement of Beliefs, Bylaws, and other documents defining the beliefs, culture, and the mission of Cornerstone Community Church.
The Worship Director will seek to support and accomplish the mission and vision of Cornerstone Church. The Worship Director is responsible for the musical worship and other gathering elements at all adult services for Cornerstone Church. This includes song selection, leading rehearsals, being the primary worship leader, and the recruiting/discipling of worship team members.
The Worship Director supports the mission of Cornerstone Church by overseeing the Sunday gathered worship service.
SPECIFIC CORNERSTONE RESPONSIBILITIES
LEAD CORNERSTONE CHURCH IN SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP
- Plan congregational worship gatherings that are God-exalting, Christ-centered, and Bible-saturated.
- Bring vision, direction, oversight, and administration to the entire Sunday morning worship ministry.
- Prepare musical arrangements and provide music for band and vocalists
- Oversee preparation of A/V for Sunday services, collaborating & coordinating weekly with the various members of the production team.
DEVELOPMENT OF WORSHIP MINISTRY CULTURE
- Audition and interview prospective instrumentalists and vocalists for Sunday services
- Choose Gospel Centered, Jesus saturated songs that reinforce and support the Doctrine of Cornerstone.
- Search and provide new music for congregational worship that matches Cornerstone’s values.
- Personal weekly practice and development
- Organize, schedule, & train all volunteers
- Build a team of leaders & servants of godly character. Invest in them, equip/train them for ministry, cast vision for worship ministry, & show appreciation to them.
- Collaborate with the liturgy writing team
- Build relationships and provide spiritual care to worship ministry volunteers
- Point worship ministry volunteers to pastoral care as needed
- Lead, Organize, and promote Worship Nights
- Recruit and train new worship leaders to be utilized not only for Sunday Gathered Worship Services but also in other corporate contexts (students, children, community gatherings, and special events). In this way, you can be a resource to the larger worship ministry of the whole church
OVERSEE THE WORSHIP MINISTRY BUDGET
- Preparation and stewardship of the Worship ministry budget.