We make it easy to transfer in credit you have earned at an accredited college or university, and have it count towards your degree from TIU.
Trinity requires at least 124 semester hours of credit for graduation with a bachelor of arts degree. Our student-friendly transfer policy includes:
- A maximum of 82 credits may be transferred into a BA degree program at TIU
- Up to 33% transfer credit for courses in your declared major
We generally accept college credit earned at other accredited institutions with a grade of “C” or better. TIU reserves the right to exclude transfer credits which do not meet our academic standards.
Credit for Prior Learning (Prior Learning Assessment)
We recognize that adult students have had many learning experiences prior to their entrance into the REACH Program. REACH offers a variety of ways through which students may be able to earn college credit for learning acquired through these life experiences. This learning may have been acquired through professional/job endeavors, ministry/church activities, personal or family events, or education in unaccredited settings. Students may receive credit for college-level learning gained through these experiences, not for the experiences themselves. This learning may be demonstrated in a variety of ways:
- Credit by examination through CLEP and DSST
- ACE assessed credit for military training
- Life Learning Papers (LLP)
- Business and Professional Training (BPT)
- Advanced Placement (AP) credit
Contact an Admissions Representative for more information.