- Position Title
- Financial Aid Counselor
- Posting Date
- May 17, 2013
- Full Time
- Position Summary
The Financial Aid Counselor primarily supports the Director of Financial Aid in the administration of financial aid to the University as a whole, with the primary focus on graduate students.
- Answer financial aid related questions and inquiries from students, parents, Trinity’s faculty and staff. Responsible for the packaging of federal and institutional financial aid for prospective and continuing TEDS/TGS students as determined by the Director.
- Coordinate efforts related to departmental publications/correspondence in an effort to communicate more effectively with TEDS/TGS students.
- Coordinate efforts related to the department’s online web presence.
- Responsible for determining appropriate recipients of endowed and donor based awards.
- Responsible for the application and reconciliation of private scholarship funds received by our office.
- Assist, as needed, with University registration/confirmation events.
- Assist, as needed, with Admission Explore and Open House events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to work with interruptions and in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Windows 7, and good overall computer skills helpful.
- Confidentiality required.
- Detailed oriented.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Supports Trinity’s mission and core values, commitment to a Christian lifestyle, and character in keeping with biblical models.
- Working Relationships
The Financial Aid Counselor reports to the Director of Financial Aid and is a member of the Enrollment Management/Financial Aid Team.
Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Trinity International University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.