- Position Title
- Associate Dean for Adult and Online Programs
- Posting Date
- October 8, 2013
- Full Time
- Position Summary
As a university administrator, the Associate Dean contributes to the development of goals and execution of the strategic plan for the college. More specifically, this position gives leadership and operational oversight to undergraduate programs for working adults (REACH) and a growing portfolio of online offerings for undergraduates. The person leads all aspects of the REACH program in accord with the mission of the university. This Associate Dean works collaboratively with the Dean and other academic leaders.
- Oversee ongoing assessment of non-traditional offerings for REACH and Online.
- Together with the faculty, set goals for the development and improvement of non-traditional delivery of the curriculum for undergrad online offerings.
- Lead the development of a well-aligned institutional approach to recruiting, matriculating, retaining, and graduating non-traditional undergraduate students.
- Foster relationships, collaborations, and partnerships with both internal and external constituents to identify and develop new opportunities to better fulfill our mission.
- Communicate with students, faculty and staff on a regular basis.
- Research current trends to find the intersection of marketplace demands and Trinity’s strengths in order to target specific revenue-generating opportunities that align with our mission and purpose.
- Service graduate school online and hybrid course offerings through adult and online offices.
- Supports Trinity’s mission and core values, commitment to a Christian lifestyle, and character in keeping with biblical models.
- Earned doctoral degree strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of successful administrative experience in adult/non-traditional/online academic leadership in higher education.
- While leading entrepreneurial and self-sustaining programs, maintains and supports academic excellence, the integral role of the faculty, curricular assessment and accreditation.
- Effective interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain professional and cooperative working relationships with administrators, faculty, and staff as well as with external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills, including ability in budgeting and human resource management.
- An ability to think “big picture,” analyze data strategically, and set goals and priorities.
- Working Relationships
This position reports directly to the Dean of Trinity College and Trinity Graduate School. The REACH staff and positions related to REACH and undergrad online programs report to the Associate Dean for Adult & Online Programs.
Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. However, the demands of this position and the nature of the REACH program are such that many evening and some weekend commitments are to be expected. Some local and regional travel will also be required.
Trinity International University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.