Dear Trinity community:
I am pleased to announce that, through God's continued blessing and favor upon Trinity International University, we have received the largest single gift in the history of the university, estimated at $21 million.
This generous gift is strategically designed to position Trinity for the future and to honor the personal commitment of those working hard to fulfill our mission.
The donors have restricted the gift as follows:
- Endowed funding for existing student scholarships.
- Two endowed academic chairs: for leadership in Christian higher education, and for mission and global theology.
- Capital projects to be determined in consultation with the donors as we determine priorities for the new capital campaign.
- Funding exclusively focused on strategic investments in projects that will enable the university to reach financial stability; e.g., new majors, redesigning some existing majors, etc.
- A one-time financial appreciation gift for all full-time employees of Trinity.
All of these projects were selected by the donors, and our use of these funds is restricted to their wishes. They ask that their names be kept confidential except within the Trinity campus and board community.
We praise God for this gift. Please join me by rejoicing in the abundant blessings from the God who provides for our every need as we educate men and women to engage in his redemptive work in the world by cultivating academic excellence, Christian faithfulness, and lifelong learning.
To God be all the glory,
Craig Williford, PhD
Trinity International University